Product Updates: Employer
A running list of product and feature release updates for Kamana for healthcare staffing agencies. Questions or feedback? Is there a pain point you'd like to see solved via Kamana that would help enhance the way you work? We'd love to hear from you.
- (NEW) Search for Clients. Employer Users can now search on the Clients page by name. Previously the list of Clients on this page was only scrollable, and not searchable.
- (NEW) Contract Attachments. Employer Users can now add (multiple) Attachments to a Contract in Kamana, such as an actual copy of the Contract or other attachments that may be associated with it.
- Accepted File Types: PDF, JPEG, PNG
- File Size Limit: 50 MB per attachment
- Contract Attachments can not be deleted after 15 minutes, but can be archived anytime.
- (NEW) Start month/year and graduation month added to Education records. Options to include a start month/year, graduation month, and indication of being an active student in Talent Profile Education records has been added. Here’s how it works:
- Start Month/Year is optional, but if either are input then both fields are required.
- Graduation month is now required for all entries. The year is also required as it was before, but has been transitioned to a pick list instead of free text entry.
- If the Talent is currently a student, the “I am currently enrolled” box can be checked. This field is required if the Graduation Date is in the future, and is not allowed if the graduation date is in the past.
- Previously entered graduation years have converted to the new format where possible. Including the month on a previously entered Education record will be required if edited.
- (NEW) Time zones now auto-populate on Facility records based on address. When adding a new Facility record, the time zone is now auto-populated based on the address of the Facility. This applies to both Custom and pick-list Facilities. No more manually entered time zones!
- (IMPROVED) "Client Location" terminology changed to "Facility" in multiple places for clarity and consistency. Kamana used to use the term “Client Locations” for “Facilities”. Over time we have transitioned to “Facility” to more accurately communicate meaning. All remaining instances of “Client Location” have been changed to “Facility” in the platform.
- (IMPROVED) Only Account Owners can mass change Primary Contacts. For mistake-prevention purposes, the ability to re-assign all Talent Relationships from one specific Employer User to another at once is now only available to the Employer Account owner. See details on this feature here. If a mass change is needed, please contact your Account Owner.
- (FIXED) eSign Template and Notification Issues have been resolved. Our eSign provider made additional changes to the integration functionality on 12/15/2021 that resulted in some Employer Users experiencing eSign issues. For example, eSign Templates being stuck in the “Preparing Request” step and/or Talent users not receiving notifications of eSign requests. These issues have been resolved and notifications for all eSigns that experienced issues between 12/15 and 12/20/21 have been resent to Talent Users.
- (FIXED) eSign improvements to prevent template corruption. Our eSign provider implemented changes to the signing experience that incorrectly enabled Employer Users to attempt to add/delete documents from existing eSign Templates in Kamana. If this feature was used, the eSign Template or any Signature Request that used the associated template became corrupted and/or inaccessible. The ability to make these attempts has now been removed and any eSign Templates / Signature Requests that were corrupted or inaccessible have been restored.
- (FIXED) Talent Relationship Status being incorrectly locked from edits. Some Employer Users may have experienced a short window of the Talent Relationship Status being locked from edits. This was related to some new functionality we are working on, and has since been fixed.
- (NEW) New Job Statuses - “ Historical” and “ On Hold” - added. Jobs with the status “On Hold” or “Historical” will not display on the Talent or Public Job Board. Jobs can be added as “On Hold” or “Historical” while being created in Kamana or by editing a Job. Some cases where these statuses may be used:
- "On Hold" allows you to temporarily hide a job from Talent if the job is in a pending state of availability. This ensures you are driving candidates to the jobs that are most likely to be available for placement.
- "Historical" allows you to enter jobs that have already been filled, but need to be tracked or used in some way before closing, such as during a data migration while first implementing Kamana.
- (NEW) Filter Talent by “All Relationships”. This is also now the default Filter in the "My Talent" and “Our Talent” pages. This gives Employer users the ability to filter all Talent Profiles by name and email address, as well as resolves a common misconception of "missing profiles" when filtering talent in the “Our Talent” page.
- (IMPROVED) The ability to request new Specialties via the “I Don’t See My” option has been removed from the Work History and Skills Checklist sections of the Talent Profile. This functionality was put in place to enable users to quickly request Specialties that were not in the pick list. However this pick list has been refined over time both via user input and by a team of Clinical Informaticists, healthcare professionals, and staffing companies. As a result, in recent months nearly all new requests have been duplicative of options already present in the app. In the event that something is missing from the list, please contact Kamana Support.
- (IMPROVED) The Talent Profile can now better handle browser auto-fill capabilities. Browser Auto-fills were overriding the Talent Profile Name fields with Emergency Contact auto complete entries. Talent Profile name fields now remain unchanged even when auto-fill is used to complete Emergency Contact information fields.
- (FIXED) Employers can now search by email addresses that contain(ed) upper case letters. Previously, if an email address contained an upper case letter, Talent Profiles were not searchable via email. A feature has been implemented that now automatically converts any upper case character in an email address to a lower case character, both for previously existing Talent Profiles and new ones. Therefore, all Talent Profiles are now searchable via email address.
- (FIXED) Restored ability to change Relationship Status 'from' "Engaged". A bug was introduced in the 10/29 release that prevented users from manually changing the Relationship Status of a Talent Profile 'from' "Engaged" to another Relationship Status. This issue has been fixed and users can once again change the Relationship Status from Engaged to another Relationship Status.
- (NEW) Search Talent by partial First, Last, and/or Middle Name. When searching for a Talent Profile in the Search Talent field (within the navigation pane) and Filter Talent field (on the My/Our Talent List Views), you can now search by partial first, last, and/or middle name. Search results will begin to generate as soon as three characters are typed (includes space).
- Here are some examples of what can be typed to search the Talent Profile for Casey Jessica Maxwell: C Max; Cas M; C J M; Jess Max; Cas Max; C J Max; C Maxwell; Casey M; etc.
- (NEW) Talent Profile Work History records now allow same start/end month/year. Previously the start/end dates on a Work History record in a Talent Profile were unable to be the same month/year. Given the possibility of sub-one month work assignments in the travel and per diem space, you may now create work history entries with the same start/end month/year.
- (IMPROVED) Charge Experience can now be added to work history for all Professions. Previously Charge Experience could only be added to Work History details within the Talent Profile for nursing professions. The Charge Nurse Experience field has been changed to a more broad 'Charge Experience' field to enable this experience to be added for all professions.
- (IMPROVED) Employer users sorted by first then last name. Lists of Employer users now displayed sorted by first then last name in the following places to make locating users easier: Organization > Users page (where you can invite your co-workers or carry out a Mass Primary Change of Contact); within the users list during the Primary Contact change processes (mass and individual changes). In the future, additional features will incorporate selecting an Employer user from a list and the same sort order will be used.
- (IMPROVED) More rapid validation of Talent User email addresses during new user signup. Improvements were implemented to the email validation to more quickly display the validation message to the user in the event that an invalid email is entered. The error message now displays nearly immediately upon entering an invalid email address.
- (FIXED) All Talent Profile name changes are now reflected in the Search Talent and Filter Talent functions. Previously changes to the First and/or Last Name in a Talent Profile were not all reflected in the name displayed within the Search Talent and Filter Talent results. As a result Talent Profiles were at times difficult to find if a name change had occurred. This issue has been corrected and all name changes are now reflected in search results in real time.
- (FIXED) Prevent Clients from being deleted if associated with Contracts or People. Clients can only deleted if they have not been associated with a Contract or People record. If a client has an associated with any of these, the user will not be able to delete the Client. In the future, additional items (such as Credentialing Requirements) will be able to be associated with a Client, and the same deletion prevention functionality will be used.
- (NEW) Validate Talent User emails during new user signup. A function has been added during the new Talent user signup process to display a message to the user if an invalid email address is entered while creating their profile. This was added to reduce the chance of a healthcare professional using an invalid email during signup. The user will not be blocked from creating an account entirely if an invalid email is used.
- (IMPROVED) Prevent duplicate Applications from Talent. Previously a Talent User was able to create multiple Applications attached to their Profile if the user used the application landing page URL to sign in after creating a relationship with an Employer. This has been changed to redirect the talent user to their profile and notify them that a relationship has already been created.
- (IMPROVED) Emergency Contact field labels in the Talent Profile have been updated for user clarity. The field labels and helper text on all of the Emergency Contact fields within the Talent Profile have been updated to more heavily indicate that these fields are for providing emergency contact information. Previously some users have mistakenly entered their own information in to the Emergency Contact fields within the Talent Profile.
- (IMPROVED) Updated copy job button text for user clarity. The copy job link button on the Talent Job Board menu and Talent Job Board job details page has been changed to say 'Copy Link to Job'. Previously this button was titled 'Share Link to Job', causing some confusion that clicking this button would automatically share the link somewhere.
- (IMPROVED) More performance enhancements and improvements to the Notification Center. Additional opportunities for performance improvement were identified and implemented after the prior related release.
- (IMPROVED) Contract Policy sections are now sorted alphabetically. The Contract Policies sections are now sorted alphabetically on the ADD Policy pick list, edit view of a Contract, and saved view of a Contract.
- (FIXED) Facilities can not be deleted if it has been associated with a Job. Previously if an attempt was made to delete a Facility that had been associated with a Job, the user would receive an error and the Facility would not be deleted. A fix has been deployed to prevent the error, and notify the user why the Facility can not be deleted.
- (IMPROVED) Performance enhancements and improvements to the Notification Center. Several performance enhancements have been made to the Notification Center. The most notable are:
- When a grouped notification is opened, all grouped notifications will be marked as read simultaneously (e.g. if multiple messages notifications come from the same healthcare professional, the like-notifications are grouped together in the Notification Center with a (#) indicating the number of like-notifications)
- The Notification Center now only displays the most recent 100 notifications. Previously, if a user was not regularly checking their notifications it was possible for there to be hundreds or thousands of notifications unread that would attempt to load with each page change. This made a significant negative impact on page speed for the user, which is no longer possible.
- (IMPROVED) Enhanced location matching within the Kamana Job Network. For employers/agencies participating in the Kamana Job Network beta program, the location matching functionality has been enhanced to create even more job matches for healthcare professionals in the job network. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Simply email email@example.com to let us know!
- (NEW) More common Contract Policy & Terms section options have been made available. The following new Contract Policy & Terms sections have been added as options to help employers/agencies more cleanly keep track of all key contract terms for the client relationships.
- (IMPROVED) Employer/Agency name now displays on Talent Job Board. The Employer/Agency name has been made visible on all views of the Talent Job Board, both on the jobs overview page and job details page. This ensures the healthcare professional viewing your jobs in Kamana is very clear who the employer is for each job. Here's what it looks like from each view:
- (IMPROVED) Candidates are now directed to Message employer/agency they have relationship with if the employer does not have any active matching jobs on the job board.
- (IMPROVED) Messaging clarity added to Facilities page. The header for the contracts section of a Facility page has been updated from 'In Contracts' to 'Active Contracts' to add clarity to the user experience.
- (FIXED) Invalid URLs no longer permitted in Employer/Agency website field on company bio. Previously if a website/URL was input using uppercase characters within the URL, the Preferences page would crash as the website was being recognized as invalid. This has been fixed by automatically down-casing all characters input in to the website/URL field.
- (NEW) Search Talent Profiles by Email Address. You can now search Talent by Email Address in the Search Talent field on navigation pane. Simply input a full email address in to the Search Talent field and any Talent Profile with a matching email address will populate in the search results.
- (IMPROVED) Document Library sorted alphabetically by name. Previously the documents in the Library were sorted by creation date. The documents and links in the Library now sort alphabetically by name for both the Employer and Talent views.
- (FIXED) Job Origin and Origin Reference/Job Number must be unique. Previously if a job was edited to contain the same Job Origin and Origin Reference/Job Number as another record, the system would crash. A change has been made to notify the user on the page if a duplicate is attempted.
- (NEW) Filter Talent Profiles by Email Address. You can now filter Talent by Email Address on the My Talent and Our Talent pages. Simply input a full email address in to the Filter Talent field on the My/Our Talent page and the list will filter to display any Talent Profiles with a matching email address in the Profile.
- (NEW) Facilities. You can now create and manage facilities that you staff. Once a facility has been created, you will be able to create Job Requisitions to be displayed on your public job board. Learn how to Create and Manage Facilities
- (NEW) Job Requisitions. You can now create and manage facilities that you staff. Once a facility has been created, you will be able to create Job Requisitions to be displayed on your public job board. Learn how to Create Job Requisitions and Manage Your Job Board and Job Requisitions.
- (IMPROVED) Security Role in Employer User Settings. The 'Role' field has been updated to 'Security Role' in the Employer User settings to add clarity between this field and the Divisions and Departments fields that were recently added.
- (IMPROVED) Rich text formatting the Employer Bio field.
- (NEW) More users can now edit Draft Contracts. Previously Client Contracts were only editable by the owner of the contract. This restriction has been removed to enable cross team management of contracts. Limitations to edit-ability will be introduced by user security role and department in a later release.
- (IMPROVED) City and State displayed on Facility records. The city and state of a facility is now displayed in several places to make locating and identifying facilities easier across the client and contract management features of Kamana: when creating a new facility from the Definitive Healthcare facility search; when linking an existing facility record to a contract; when viewing the facility records list on the Facilities page.
- (FIXED) No more duplicate staffing agencies in work history pick list. Previously a number of staffing agencies were duplicated in the Staffing Agency list on work history entires. A fix has been deployed to remove the duplicates.
- (NEW) Change the status of a Client Contract. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - you now have the option to set and manage a Contract status. Available statuses are: Draft, Active, On Hold, and Complete. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- (IMPROVED) Performance Enhancements on eSign Templates page. Employer users with a large number of templates (e.g. 100+) may have been experiencing slowness and/or performance issues when accessing, creating, and managing eSign templates. A number of performance enhancements have been implemented to improve the user experience of this page. Notably, 'pagination' has been added to this page to load the templates in batches of 100 (similar to the My/Our Talent pages) and the '+' Create Template button will now be disabled until the page has fully loaded
- (FIXED) Certifications without abbreviations are now populating in certification search. For a short time some Certifications without abbreviations included (e.g. the 'BLS' that displays with "Basic Life Support (BLS)" were not appearing in the certifications search functionality. A fix has been deployed.
- (NEW) View all facilities in Facilities list without search. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - you now have the ability to view all facilities in the Facilities list without using the Facility search function. The facilities load in groups of 100. Click 'Load More' to load the next batch of 100. and the number of facilities loaded displays at the top fo the page. Want to join the early access program for testing new features in Kamana? Email email@example.com to let us know!
- (NEW) Search eSign Templates page. Search all of eSign templates within your account by name. As you type the results on the page will instantly narrow down to meet your search criteria.
- (NEW) Search eSign templates to more quickly send signature requests. When preparing an eSign request to send to a healthcare professional, you can now type to search your Active list of eSign templates.
- Matching results will appear on the page as you type.
- Click Select to add an eSign template to a signature request. The selected template will appear under the Selected Templates section.
- If you need to remove a template after adding, click Remove. The template will disappear from the Selected Templates and show back up on the search page.
- (NEW) Quickly create eSign requests from the Talent list view. Click the ellipsis (three dot) menu on a Talent record from the My Talent or Our Talent page to find the 'New Signature Request .." menu option.
- (IMPROVED) Faster access to the Employer Users page. Employer accounts with several dozen or more internal users may have been experiencing slow loading speed on the Organization > Users page. This performance of this page has been significantly improved for a lightning fast load time.
- (IMPROVED) Alerts when copy buttons are used. When using the quick copy buttons throughout the platform (e.g. copying a talent invite or profile share link), a 'Copied!" Toast notification will now appear in the top right of the page to let you know the link has been successfully copied.
- (NEW) Search your Facilities to more quickly access information for your clients. For users currently participating in the early-access program for client, facility, job, and contract management in Kamana - a search option has been added to the facilities page. If you don't yet have access and want to join the list to have early access to new features in Kamana, email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!
- (NEW) Divisions and Departments added to User Roles. Divisions and Departments have been added to the User Invite page. When sending an invite to an Agency user, you now have the ability to select a Division: Allied or Nursing and a Department: Billing, Compliance, Executive, Operations, Recruiting, or Sales.
- (IMPROVED) Autocomplete Search Results. Additional improvements have been made since our last release to the Autocomplete Search Results feature. A fix was deployed for a bug that was causing search results not to appear after a certain number of characters were entered into the search query. Results are now populating appropriately.
- (IMPROVED) Under Review Reasons Updated. The reasons that are able to be selected for the“Under Review” relationship status have been updated to provide users clarity. The reason Terminated By Employer has been updated to Terminated by Agency. The reason Terminated by Talent has been updated to Cancelled By Talent
- (IMPROVED) Agency Preferences renamed Employer Preferences. The Agency Preferences module of the platform has been renamed Employer Preferences to provide users clarity.
- (IMPROVED) Mass Primary Contact Copy Changes. Changes to the copy on the Mass Primary Change of Contact workflows have been made to improve clarity.
- (IMPROVED) Autocomplete Search Results. Autocomplete search results are now displayed in alphabetical order. A fix has also been deployed to rectify an issue where some results were not populating when searching for certifications, licenses, or facilities. Search results now populate more quickly and consistently with the exact characters typed in a search.
- (IMPROVED) Medical History Category and Choice Required. When adding a Medical History record to a Talent Profile, the 'Add Item' button on the Add Item step in the will now be disabled until both a Category (e.g. Influenza) and Choice (e.g. Influenza Vaccine) have been selected.
- (FIXED) Archiving Talent Relationship Using “Other” Reason. When archiving a talent relationship, if the “Other” reason is selected, a reason description will now be required to capture additional information as to why the relationship is being archived.
- (FIXED) Personal Message in Talent Invite Email. For a period of time, personal messages may not have been displayed in a talent invite email. A fix has been deployed and personal messages are now displaying properly.
- (NEW) Bulk change of Talent Primary contact. Account Administrators are now able to reassign all relationships for an Entity User to another in Kamana. Learn more here.
- (IMPROVED) Clearer permissions and messaging for modifying Employer Notes. If a non-account-owner user attempts to edit/delete an Employer note that they did not create, or that they created more than 15 minutes prior to that moment, they will receive a pop up message explaining why they are not able to edit/delete that note. The message directs the user to contact the account owner if the note needs to be modified.
- (IMPROVED) Redesign of Medical History Items. Medical History entries have gotten a makeover! We have introduced Medical History Categories and Choices. Medical History categories include Coronavirus, Drug Screen, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, Influenza, Meningococcal, MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella), Physical, Polio, Respirator Fit Test, Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Acellular Pertussis), Tuberculosis, Varicella, and Vision Screening. The specific item related to the category will be defined in the Choice drop down list. You can learn more about adding Medical History Items here. (Keep in mind that this article will provide screenshots from the talent user’s point of view. The process is the same from the agency side of Kamana.
- (NEW) Use browser password manager shortcuts to quickly change your password. Password managers in browsers such as Safari and Chrome scan for bad passwords from your saved password vault, and provide 'Change Password' links when a password change is recommended. Kamana has added support for the "/.well-known/change-password" process. Using the 'Change Password' option in your browser's password manager will now auto-redirect you to the change password page in Kamana.
- (FIXED) Setting notification preference to in-app only no longer crashes. Some users may have experienced a system error when attempting to set their notification preferences to in-app only. A fix has been deployed.
- (NEW) Request Staffing Agency Not Listed. When adding a work history entry where the healthcare professional was employed by a staffing agency, you can now request a staffing agency that is not currently on the drop down list to be added. Once requested, you will receive an email when the Staffing Agency has been added to the list
- (IMPROVED) Instructions for Missing Item Requests. When requesting a missing item be added, your request will now populate in a new window with instructions that indicate once the request is added to the list, you will receive an email.
- (IMPROVED) Contextual page redirects when archiving Employer Attachments. Previously when archiving/restoring an Employer Attachment on a Talent Profile Relationship, the page always redirected to the corresponding Talent Profile page after archiving. Users will now be directed to the same page that the archiving is taking place from when arching, and to the View All page when restoring.
- (IMPROVED) Re-opening a signature request during the preparation process is now more clear. Previously if an eSign Signature Request was closed during the prepare request stage using the X in the HelloSign modal, it was not clear how to reopen the signature request. A View Signature Request button has been added to this page to quickly navigate back to the signature request preparation process.
- (NEW) Employer Attachment Categories. When adding Employer Attachments, a document category can now be selected. This adds organization to the Employer Attachment feature. Employer Attachment Categories include: Assignment Documents, Background Checks & Verifications, Employee Evaluations, General Documents, Human Resources, Identification, Medical Documents, References, Resumes, and Testing
- (NEW) Employer Attachments can now be archived. Documents uploaded to the Employer Attachment section can now be archived and restored later, if necessary. Archived Attachments can be viewed from the Talent Profile from the“View All” Employer Attachment page by selecting“View Archived”.
- (IMPROVED) Work History Additional Notes/Comments character limit has been increased. To ensure complete job duties and skills performed can be added to the work history additional notes field, we have increase the character limit from 500 to 2000.
- (FIXED) Application date/time on talent profile now displays in user’s time zone. Previously, the application date/time on the Talent Profile displayed in UTC time, a fix has been deployed to display the time based on the user’s time zone as set in My Account.
- (IMPROVED) Automatic removal of successive periods in user’s email address during registration. Previously, if a user registered with successive periods within the email address field, the system would allow them to register. As no email provider allows successive periods in an email address, the system will now automatically remove successive periods from the email address during registration to help prevent accidental errors.
- (FIXED) Client Contact Deletion Causing 500 Crash. Previously, when deleting a Client Contact, the contact was deleted successfully but would result in a 500 error. A fix has been deployed to successfully delete the Client Contact and not result in a 500 error.
- (IMPROVED) Removed Work History Gaps From References. References are associated with a specific work history entry in the healthcare provider’s Kamana Talent Profile. A fix has been deployed to remove Work History Gaps from the drop down list of Work History Entries when creating a reference.
- (IMPROVED) Explanation Provided When Unable to Delete or Edit Employer Attachments or Notes. Previously when an Employer users role prevented them from editing or deleting an Employer Attachments or Notes, it was not clear to the user why they were unable to edit/delete the item. We have added messaging to the UI that notifies the user of why they are not able to edit/delete, and what action to take if the Employer Attachment or Note needs to be edited deleted.
- (NEW) My Kamana Dashboard Widgets. Widgets have been added to the My Kamana Dashboard. Widgets include Recently Updated Profiles, Recent Message Activity, and Recently Completed eSigns. Learn more about the My Kamana Dashboard and new information here
- (NEW) Sort Talent By State/Province. From the Our/My Talent, you are now able to filter talent profiles by State/Province listed in the Tax Home Address in the Kamana Talent Profile.
- (IMPROVED) Character Counter added to the following fields: Talent - Opportunity Preferences Name, Bio in Talent Profile, Talent - Work History Comments, Talent - Additional Documents - Description, Employer Attachments - Attachments Description
- (IMPROVED) Personal Information Relocated to Top of Talent Profile
- (NEW) My Kamana Section Added to Navigation Pane. My Kamana has now been added as a section in the left hand navigation pane of the Kamana platform. This section includes My Dashboard and My Talent (relocated from Talent section). More information will be released on the My Kamana section soon!
- (NEW) Relationship Statuses: part one of candidate status tracking. A Relationship Status can now be set for each Talent Profile to keep track of a candidate's status. This is part one of the candidate status tracking features that will be released. Read a full outline of how Relationship Status tracking works here along with an overview of what's to come. Note the impact that this change has on the Compliance Dashboard functionality below.
- (NEW) Compliance Dashboard now only displays 'Engaged' Talent. The Compliance Dashboard functionality has been updated to only display expiring credentials for Talent Profiles with a Relationship Status of Engaged. Read how the new Compliance Dashboard functionality works.
- Note: with the implementation of Relationship Statuses, all candidates in your portal will be set to Interested by default. To enable credential tracking for active (or soon to be active) employees, you will need to update the Relationship Status to Engaged for all engaged employees.
- Reminder: if a credential is expired that is not going to be updated, you can archive it to prevent it from displaying on the Compliance Dashboard, without losing record of its existence.
- (NEW) 'Do Not Hire' flag on talent relationship. A flag can now be added to a Talent Profile to mark the Talent as DO NOT HIRE (aka DNH). A comment can be added when marking the Talent Profile as DNH, and the Relationship Status will automatically be set to archive. Read more about how to use the DNH feature here.
- (NEW) Add Gaps in Employment in Talent Profile. Employment gaps can now be captured in the Work History section of a Talent Profile. Scroll to Work History and select + Add Gap in Employment below the existing Work History records (at least one Work History record must be created first). Select the reason for the Employment Gap, optionally enter a comment (1,000 character maximum), optionally provide the City and State the Talent was located in during this time, and capture the Start and End dates of this Employment Gap. Employment Gaps will be reflected on the Profile, shares, and resume exports in real time. Similarly, the Talent can input their own employment gaps.
- (NEW) Account Owner and Administrators can now edit/delete any Employer Attachment. Previously Employer Attachments could only be edited/deleted by the creator of the attachment. The permissions have been updated to enable all account administrators and the account owner to edit or delete any Employer Attachment.
- (IMPROVED) Download Resume Buttons (in profile and on share). Previously there were two PDF download options of the Talent Profile on the Talent Profile details view and Profile Share view. This has been simplified to solely present the 'Download Resume' option, which exports a real time capture of the resume relevant information within the Talent Profile, in standard resume format.
- (IMPROVED) Copy and UI changes on Archive vs delete for improved user experience.
2020-10-25 & 11-01
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent Education (and removal of ability to delete). Education records within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent Work History (and removal of ability to delete). Work history records within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted, as long as the Work History record is not associated with a Reference. When a Work History entry is associated with a reference, the system will indicate that the record cannot be archived.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent EHRs (and removal of ability to delete). Known EHRs within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent Skills Checklists and and Skills Checklists attachments (and removal of ability to delete). Skills Checklists and and Skills Checklists attachments within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent Additional Documents (and removal of ability to delete). Work history records within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted.
- (FIXED) Restore archived attachments in the talent profile if the associated record is active. For the past few weeks users may have been unable restore archived attachments within the talent profile. A fix has been implemented to allow attachments to be restored if the associated record within the profile (e.g. License) is active. If the associated record is archived, restore the archived attachment
- (FIXED) Talent 'Joined On' date now displays in user time zone. Previously the 'Joined On' date on the talent list view was displayed in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). This date/time now uses the Time Zone selected under 'My Account' for the user who is viewing the talent.
- (NEW) Delete talent profiles with eSignature requests and Claim Invites. Previously if an Employer user attempted to delete a Talent Profile relationship that contained an eSignature request or Claim Invite, the system returned an error page and a support request was required to delete the Profile. A workflow has been implemented for Employer users to delete any Profile.
- In the event an eSign is present (pending request or complete) - a warning page will populate asking the user to confirm understanding that deleting the Profile relationship will also delete the eSignature. Proceed with caution. All associated eSignature requests, employer attachments, and notes will be deleted and are not recoverable.
- No confirmation is required when a pending Claim Invite is present. The Claim Invite will be invalidated. In the event that a talent user attempts to "claim the profile" they will receive a message that the invite is no longer valid.
- (NEW) Date & time added to the notification center. The date and time has been added to all notifications received through the notification center - displayed in the Time Zone specific to the user viewing the notification. This feature has been launched for both Employer and Talent users.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent certifications and certification attachments (and removal of ability to delete). Certifications and certification attachments within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted.
- (IMPROVED) Enhanced archiving for references, medical history and related attachments. User experience improvements have been implemented within the workflows for archiving and restoring these talent profile items.
- (FIXED) Proper handling when country code included with phone number. Some users may have previously experienced an error if a country code was included with a phone number. A fix has been deployed to notify the user to remove the country code and enter a 10 digit number only, in the event that a country code is included on a phone number field within the platform.
- (FIXED) Retain Legal Application Acknowledgment during application process. Some talent users may have previously seen the 'Legal Application Acknowledgement' disappear if they attempted to submit their application prior to completing all required application fields. A fix has been deployed to ensure the Legal Application Text is retained in all cases. This bug was not impacting the application saved on the Employer side for a Talent Profile.
- (FIXED) Stop notifications for suspended Employer users. Employer users who have been suspended no longer receive notifications within the platform. This prevents suspended users from receive text and/or email notifications after they have been suspended (previously notifications may have been sent for new talent signups, messages, and eSignature completion).
- (NEW) Duplicate profile prevention when creating unclaimed profiles. It was historically possible to create duplicate unclaimed profiles in a few ways. New workflows have been implemented that prevent this from occurring.
- When creating an unclaimed profile you will now be prompted to enter an email address for the talent user upfront.
- If an unclaimed profile already exists within your account, the system will route you to the existing unclaimed profile. From there, you can create or resend the claim invite to the talent user.
- If a claimed profile already exists within your account, the system will route you to that profile.
- If a claimed profile already exists but does not have a relationship with your agency in Kamana already, the system will route you to send a talent invite instead. If an invite already exists, you will be routed to the existing invite. From there you can resend the invite, or choose to delete it and create an unclaimed profile instead.
- (NEW) Links in Document Library. Web links can now be added to your Library and made visible to both talent and internal users. Check out a full overview of how it works and some suggested use cases here.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent medical history and medical history attachments (and removal of ability to delete). Medical history and medical history attachments within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted. This functions the same as the License Archive feature released on 08/14/20 (see release notes below).
- (IMPROVED) Enhanced talent invite emails. The email a candidate receives when they receive a new talent invite to apply with your agency has been updated to factor whether or not the talent already has an existing Kamana profile. The email design and copy itself has also been updated. Here's what the emails look like for each situation:
- (IMPROVED). Enhanced workflows for archived talent profile items. User experience improvements have been implemented within the workflows for archiving and restoring items within the talent profile. The 'status' of associated attachments (archived vs active) will be retained when archiving and restoring items. User interface chances have been made to navigate archived items with less clicks.
- (FIXED) Validation of mobile phone numbers for SMS / text message notifications. Previously when an invalid mobile phone number was entered into the SMS / text message notification preference field, the system would return an error page to the user. This field now validates the phone number provided is a valid mobile phone number. If the phone number is invalid or recognized as a landline the user will be prompted to try a different number.
- (NEW) Shortcuts to resend claim profile invites. Buttons have been added to resend pending claim profile invites to talent in two places: 1) the action menu from the that list views and 2) the action menu on the view claim invite details page. Alongside the 'Resend Invite' button that is available in Messaging section for unclaimed profiles, this now provides three places to quickly resend these invites.
- (NEW) Associate client records with an MSP. You now have the optional ability to select a Managed Service Provider (MSP) when creating a new client record. The list of MSPs is maintained by Kamana and is in the process of being populated. Is there an MSP you work with that is missing from the list? Let us know.
- (FIXED). Desired Opportunities collected during custom application. During the initial implementation of this feature some users were experiencing an error when certain fields on the application were left blank. This feature has been enhanced to ensure functionality as intended.
- (NEW) Desired Opportunities are now collected during your custom application. While completing your custom application questions, Talent users are now asked to provide the following information about their desired work preferences: date available to start, city and state, and the max distance from that city and state they're willing to work. See it in action.
- This automatically creates an entry under the Talent's 'desired' opportunties.
- "Anywhere" will be indicated if the city/state are left blank.
- If only a state is input - "Anywhere in ___ State" will be indicated.
- (NEW) Attachments on References in the Talent Profile. Attachments can now be added to Reference records within the Talent Profile. Can be managed by both Talent and Employer users and are available to be viewed/downloaded within a Full Profile Share.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent references and license attachments (and removal of the ability to delete). References and reference attachments within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted. This was implemented to strengthen compliance processes between Talent and Employers and functions the same as the License Archive feature released on 08/14/20.
- (NEW) Document Library. A document Library has been created for sharing documents with Talent and internal employees. Documents all all uploaded to the 'Library' section under 'Organization'. A setting is available on each document to determine if the document should or should not be visible to Talent. Read a complete overview of how this feature works here.
- If you are sending (or considering sending) employee handbooks, policies, or educational materials acknowledgement forms via the eSign feature set, we strongly recommend leveraging this feature to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- (NEW) ReCAPTCHA v3 implemented during registration flow. ReCAPTCHA has been implemented during the user signup flow to further enhance user authenticity and security. We're using the latest version of ReCAPTCHA that does not interrupt the registration flow unless the technology detects the user to be suspicious.
- (IMPROVED) View additional archived item details. When viewing an archived item (currently this functionality exists on licenses and references), the name of the item is now a clickable link that navigates to more details about the archived item.
- (NEW) 'Load More' on Talent list views. When there are more than 100 Talent Profiles on the Talent list views (My Talent, Our Talent, Archive) the list will initially load the first 100 Profiles. A 'Load More' button will display the bottom of the list. Clicking this button will load the next 100 Profiles. Repeat.
- The talent count near the top left of the page will display the number of profiles loaded (displayed) out of the total number of profiles relevant to the filters you have set on the list view.
- All profiles do not need to be loaded to search, sort, and filter. These functions consider all Profiles on the corresponding list.
- (NEW) Ability to archive talent licenses and license attachments (and removal of the ability to delete). Licenses and license attachments within the talent profile can now be archived, instead of deleted. This was implemented to strengthen compliance processes between talent and employers.
- Attachments can be deleted up to 15 minutes after the attachment has been uploaded. After the 15 minute window elapses, the option to delete disappears and is replaced by an Archive function.
- When a license is archived it will no longer display in the compliance dashboard, profile share, PDF export, resume export, or expiring credentials list for the talent. Expiration reminders will not be sent to talent for archived licenses.
- An archived license can be restored from the 'View Archived' page. Once restored, functions resume as if it were never archived.
- When a licenses is renewed, simply update the date, upload the new attachment, and archive the old one.
- These functions operate exactly the same on the talent side.
- Pro tip: Archiving inactive or irrelevant licenses will keep the credential dashboard free of licenses that do not need to be tracked for a particular contract/assignment.
- (NEW FOR TALENT ONLY) Enhanced credential expiration reminders for talent. Learn more in Talent Product Updates.
- (NEW FOR TALENT ONLY) Search housing resource for talent. Learn more in Talent Product Updates.
- (IMPROVED) Enhancements to "Resume format" export of Talent Profile. Design enhancements have been made to the exported resume based on user feedback. The Download PDF button has been simplified to remove the legacy 'With Cover Page' option when downloading the entire profile.
- (IMPROVED) Archived Talent now display in global 'Search Talent' search. Previously the 'Search Talent' option in the navigation pane only displayed "Active" Talent profiles. This search function now returns results for both Active and Archived profiles.
- (IMPROVED) Clarity added to 'Additional Documents' blank slate text on Profile Shares. The text that displays in this section on a Profile Share when there are not any additional documents added to a Talent Profile has been updated to add clarity to the purpose of this section. Namely, the specific mention of a Social Security Card, Driver's License, or Voided Check has been removed.
- (FIXED) Preview parameter text removed from copy-able Employer Landing Page URL. Previously the link copied from the 'copy' button for an Landing Page URL in Employer Preferences included text that allows an Employer to preview their portal page while signed in to their Employer account. This text was removed from the copy button link to ensure the link added to Employer's website, or sent to talent, performs properly.
- (NEW) "Resume format" export of Talent Profile. A resume-style PDF can now be generated from the Talent Profile. This includes the following components of the Talent Profile: Core Personal Information (Name, Profession, Primary Specialty, Phone Number, Email Address, and Tax Home Address), Objective (aka bio), Licenses, Certifications, Work History, and Education. All data that is entered into the fields within the sections will be displayed on the resume export.
- To download from the Talent Profile view: click the 'Download Overview PDF' button near the top of the profile, then choose the 'Resume Format' option.
- To download from the Profile Share view, click the the 'Download Resume' button near the top of the Share.
- (NEW) Explanation option added to Custom Application questions. Questions asked on an Employer Custom Application can now include an optional 'explanation' field.
- (NEW) Ability for Talent to View and Print Employer Application. Talent users can now view and print applications submitted to an Employer.
- (IMPROVED) Enhancements to Account Owner parameters. An account owner can no longer be suspended by an Account Administrator that is not an account owner. Employer user must be active to be set as account owner. Account administrators can no longer edit user details of account owner.
- (FIXED) Display Application date/time in user's local time zone. Previously the date/time on a Talent Application was displayed in UTC (Coordinated Universal Time). The date/time displayed on a Talent Application now uses the Time Zone selected under 'My Account' for the user who is viewing the application.
- (NEW) Custom Questions & Application Generation during talent registration. This feature enables your agency to ask candidates custom questions when they are creating their account, automatically generates an official "application" of record, collects a phone number upfront, and directs candidates to complete their profile after submitting the application. Click here to read a complete overview and see a video of the feature in action.
- (NEW) Message talent directly from Talent List views. Click the 'Message' icon from the My Talent, Our Talent, or Archived Talent view to more quickly send a message to a talent user in your portal.
- (FIXED) Resend/send claim invite from message talent module. When attempting to send a message to an 'Unclaimed' Profile, the 'Resend Invite' button has not historically functioned. Clicking the 'Resend Invite' button will now A) resend the claim invite if there is one pending or B) draft a new claim invite if you have not already create one (where you can add a personal message and click send).
- (NEW) Middle Name requirement removed. Previously it was required to enter a middle name (or select the No Middle Name button) for all candidates. This requirement has been removed to expedite the process of creating talent profile when the middle name is unknown.
- (IMPROVED) 'Personal Documents' renamed to "Additional Documents". The Personal Documents section has been renamed to 'Additional Documents' to expand the usability of this section of the Talent Profile. This change was made for all sections and all user types, including how the section displays on 'Profile Shares'.
- (IMPROVED) Dedicated 'Blank Slates' text on Employer view of Talent Profile. Previously the text that displayed throughout the Talent Profile when no items had been entered for the corresponding section all "spoke to" the talent user. These messages now dynamically speak to the user type that is editing the profile (e.g. a nurse would see "upload your certifications here" and an agency user would see "upload all certifications here")
- (IMPROVED) Certifications without abbreviations are now clickable. Some users reported that certifications that did not include an abbreviation were not clickable in the Talent profile, therefore they were unable to view the expiration date or download the attachment. This error has been corrected for all profiles and user types. Additionally, the empty parenthesis "()"no longer display at the end of the certification name in the search results for these certs.
- (FIXED) Only allow active users to be made primary talent contact. It was previously possible to assign a 'Pending' or 'Suspended' employer user as the primary contact for a talent user. This has been updated to only allow 'Active' users to be assigned as the Primary Contact. (Reminder: The Primary Contact assigned to the talent user will be notified of new messages from the talent. Employer users can click 'Our Talent' to filter the talent list to only display healthcare professionals for which they are the primary contact.)
- (NEW) Talent list views sort and filter enhancements. A few updates have been made to the sort and filter functionality.
- Filters are now retained when you open a profile then click the back button. For example, if you have the list filtered down to Registered Nurse - Emergency Room, and open a profile that meets those criteria, then click the back button, the list will still display candidates that meet the Registered Nurse - Emergency Room criteria. To clear the filters, click on the My Talent or Our Talent link.
- The lists now sort by Date Added - Most Recent by default when you first sign into Kamana.
- The Date Added and Last Updated filters now default to display the newest first. For example, when using the Date Added sort option, the most recently created talent profile will be on top.
- That said, all sort options can now also be reversed. When choosing a sort option, you can select "A-Z or Z-A" and "Newest First or Oldest First" to more dynamically sort the lists.
- You can view the 'Last Updated' triggers here.
- (NEW) Date of Application now displays on Talent list views. The date of application (aka the date the candidate set up their account in your portal) can now be found directly below the profession and specialty. This displays as "Joined on Date and Time."
- (NEW) Home City and State display on Talent list views. The City and State from the candidate's Personal Information > Tax Home Address can now be found directly below the Joined On date. If a tax home address as not been entered, this field will be hidden.
- (NEW) Profile Completeness percentage now displays on Talent list views. You will now see a percentage of profile completed displayed for each candidate. We are working to strengthen how this percentage is calculated, but overall this will enable you to quickly tell what profiles are empty, partially complete, or fully/nearly fully complete at a quick glance. You can view the criteria used in the calculation here.
- (NEW) Real-time talent counts displayed on Talent list views. The total number of talent profiles will now be displayed at the top left of each Talent List view. When you add a filter to the list view, the count will update to how many talent profiles meet that specified criteria. For example, if you choose "Registered Nurse" the count may update to display "25 of 73" to indicate that 25 of the candidates in your portal are RN's.
- (IMPROVED) "Date Added" now displays uniformly during filter selection. Previously the 'Date Added' sort label was switching between "Date Added" and "Created" depending on the view selected. It now displays Date Added in all cases for clarity.
- (IMPROVED) "Search Talent" field renamed "Filter Talent" in list views filter. The talent search field on the list views was renamed for clarity since typing here filters the list down (for example, typing "smith" will filter the list to display all candidates with "smith" in their first and last name)
- (FIXED) Talent search results display fix on mobile. Some users were previously experiencing a bug when attempting to use the 'Global Search' field on a mobile device. This bug has been fixed for all devices so the search results display correctly in real-time.
Prior Updates Coming Soon.
Stay Tuned ..!